[PLUG] Dead Linux box

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 10 00:51:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, James H. Webb wrote:

> The CPU fan turns on, the CD-ROM lit up as did the lights on the front of
> the box. I think that power is going into the box. I hear a click, but not
> a beep at the time when I usually hear the POST beep. THIS box is old, I'm
> not sure how old. I know that I have AMD with an ASUS MB. I probably can't
> even get that CPU anymore.

Jim,

   If it's that old, consider a new motherboard/CPU/RAM set. I know that I ran
my PII/333MHz box for about 7 years and it was fine. Until I replaced it with
the Athlon XP+ 2200 I now have. It's worth the upgrade every now and then.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"