[PLUG] Any Experience With Asus A7N8X A+L Motherboard?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 10 01:29:56 UTC 2005

   I've googled for this board model and find mixed reviews: linuxhardware.org
likes it; others find it won't boot linux. Some complain that the nVidia chip
set is difficult to set up because the drivers are proprietary.

   My MSI board (that I think is slightly injured, but nowhere near as bad as
is Jim's system) was a breeze to set up with the VIA KT333 chipset. The Soyo
was also easy, but I still have problems with the console display when I try
to use the trackball, and the trackball is not smooth or easy to control in
X.

   So, if I need a new motherboard, should I stay with the Asus or get another
MSI? The CPU is an Athlon XP+ 2200.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |  Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"