[PLUG] linux compatible USB Compact Flash reader?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Aug 10 22:56:40 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

Russell> I have a combo USB CompactFlash/SmartMedia reader that I've
Russell> been using for years successfully with Linux, however
Russell> recently I've tried using CompactFlash and it isn't working.
Russell> I get a /var/log/messages line that looks like it can't see
Russell> the media size:

  [...]

Russell> Any clues about either fixing this in software or pointing at
Russell> a different USB or maybe even PCMCIA CompactFlash reader
Russell> hardware device that works under linux (kernel version
Russell> 2.6.12+)?

Ah, I got it working.  It was a matter of enabling
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN.  Also, in order to detect the CF, it required
having some SmartMedia in the device as well as the CF.  Good enough
for now.

seniorr at aracnet.com