[PLUG] IRC server recommendations please

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.ath.cx
Thu Aug 18 19:19:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:26:27AM -0700, Rich Burroughs wrote:
> This would be used by a small group of people, privately, with only
> a few channels. No need for file sharing/transfer.

I've been using 'ngircd' for light duty IRC purposes (similar to your
requirements) for six months or so, with very few issues (any problems
I've noticed were all fixed in subsequent releases). It's a pretty
simple IRCD. Fairly young, but actively developed. It takes all of
about 20 minutes to compile and configure.

<http://ngircd.barton.de/index.html.en>

Paul