[PLUG] Any lispers out there? Newbie needs booster shot

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Aug 20 00:40:21 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Carlos" == Carlos Konstanski <ckonstan at lunarlogic.com> writes:

Carlos> I am a software developer who has, up until now, used pay-dirt
Carlos> languages exclusively (java, php, perl, other "hot" languages
Carlos> in today's workaday world).

Carlos> I have come to the realization that lisp is the only language
Carlos> that matters.  I'm gobbling it up like a greedy child.  With
Carlos> any luck, I'll find a way to use it at my paying job.

Carlos> I have just written my first useful macro.  There is one small
Carlos> problem with it that I do not have the lisp knowledge to
Carlos> solve.  I need to know more about symbols vs. strings when
Carlos> used unquoted (preceded by ",") in a macro (or, really, in a
Carlos> backticked list).

I haven't looked at your whole problem, but have you tried MACROEXPAND?

That should tell you whether your macro is expanding to what you
expect it to.

seniorr at aracnet.com