[PLUG] Any lispers out there? Newbie needs booster shot

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Aug 20 07:51:28 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Renegade" == Renegade Penguin <renegadepenguin at comcast.net> writes:

Renegade> I have to speak up here.  LISP was a language we used in
Renegade> college, mostly for proof-of-concept.  [...]

Renegade> If you're using JAVA, php, perl, C(+...), etc., STICK WITH
Renegade> THEM.  They will make you money.  LISP is more of an
Renegade> academic language for theories and such.

The canonical response to that perspective is found here:

  <http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html>

We even had a guy here in the PLUG community for a while who was CTO
of a company that used Common Lisp very successfully.  It is not
simply an academic or AI language.

seniorr at aracnet.com