[PLUG] ssh plugin for Firefox ( or Mozilla , gasp IE )?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Tue Aug 23 00:13:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 04:41:31PM -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> I've thought of this but not too sure how it would work.  At several
> thousand to tens of thounds of messages per hour I think I really need (
> or the "Powers That Be" will want ) something more _streamy_.

Uhm, at that point it becomes more appropriate to have a script look
at the logfiles for you.  Monitoring streamy things at that rate is
a great way of inducing fatigue and indifference in the operator.

Unsolicited advice:
Think blinky warning things instead.  Also think LogWatch, NAGIOS,
sendpage and other off-the-shelf tools for making your job easier and
your TPS* reports prettier and more action-packed.

My experience with the Java SSH thingy was that I couldn't find a
Winders box with Java installed anyway.

You may just be best off with PuTTY, or with CygWin ssh.

*Or whatever you call your regular "what you're paying me for" status
report to the higher-ups.