[PLUG] Setting Up Thunderbird for Usenet -- SOLVED!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 24 23:51:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I'm having problems setting up a laptop running Thunderbird-1.0.6 for
> Usenet access. It works just fine for mail, but something's missing for news
> groups.

   Well! It turns out that when we switched from dialup to DSL in 1999,
Pamela's aracnet account went poof! No wonder I couldn't get her
authenticated on the nntp server there. Thank you, Harry!!

   Now she authenticates using my account and all's well once again.

Whew!

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"