[PLUG] Any idea if/when Opteron 246 with stepping E available?

Randall J. Parr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Thu Aug 25 16:53:21 UTC 2005

I am putting together an Opteron system using the Supermicro H8DCE board.

I planned to use (2) Opteron 246's now and, hopefully, upgrade to
dual-core Opterons
if/when the prices came down out of the stratosphere.

I have heard, and found it reasonable, to get the E stepping Opterons
(90nm, 1000Mhz HT, SSE3, cooler, etc.)

I have found, however, that E stepping 246's have been available but
everyone is currently out-of-stock.

Does anyone know when/where Opteron 244 or 246 E4+ will again be available?

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE
Temporal Arts