[PLUG] Unknown Document File Types

David Pool dpool at hevanet.com
Thu Aug 25 19:00:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 11:24 -0700, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> Paul Mullen wrote:

> Then, I should be able to have my friend look at the files on his Mac
> and figure out that info (assuming he can understand what I'm asking of
> him). He's in Texas, so it's all being done by e-mail.

This is very old knowledge for me, but as I recall I used to use a
package called ResEdit to open up the file and see what type or Creator
Code the file thought it was. It's a bit dangerous, so if he plays with
it, make sure he's working on a backup copy of the file.

He can get ResEdit here:

http://www.mac.org/utilities/resedit/

David