[PLUG] Job opening: Systems Administrator/Developer

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Aug 25 21:55:12 UTC 2005

The Technology Services department of Multnomah Education Service
District (MESD) has an opening for a Systems Administrator/Developer.

MESD Technology Services is a fun, challenging, creative place to work.
We constantly develop new and innovative approaches to expand and
enhance our services while controlling costs. Schools' budgets keep
shrinking while demands for technology keep growing. Our team's job is
to provide a big bang for a reasonable buck.

MESD covers a lot of ground. In the backend, we are predominately Linux
with a little HP-UX and Solaris. Internal applications are written in
Python/PHP/Perl with Postgres and Oracle databases. MESD has a large and
fast wide area network covering 80 sites with 100Mbps or greater
connectivity. MESD and partners provide ISP services to over 250,000
staff and students. The schools we support are highly heterogeneous,
with a mix of MacIntosh, Windows, and Linux.

This is an environment where talented, friendly, flexible, creative,
problem-solving people thrive.

The job description and application are available at:
http://www.mesd.k12.or.us/hr/jobopp/systemsadmindevelop08_05.pdf

The pay scale starts somewhere around $50k/yr with excellent benefits.
This is a non-salaried, 40 hour/week position eligible for overtime,
paid leaves and vacation, and donuts every Friday.

Application deadline is September 2nd.