[PLUG] Re: [Gimp-user] No JPG recognized on one host: 2.2.8

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 26 01:14:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Mark Szymanski wrote:

> I had the same problem after trying to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.2.8, and it
> turned out to be a missing libexif.50.10. That fixed it for me.

Mark,

   Thank you, that's exactly what it was. How that library went missing on
that box is beyond my knowledge. But, that was the missing file. It did not
fix the missing .hrz or .ico filetypes, but those won't be missed at all.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President     |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"