[PLUG] Thinkpad Needs CPU Fan

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 2 14:19:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, James McEvoy wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can pickup a replacement CPU fan/cooler for an
> older IBM Thinkpad? I believe it is a model 600E with a P3 CPU. The laptop
> reports an error code when booting for a failed CPU fan.

   When I needed to replace the keyboard on our ThinkPad 600E I searched
Google and found several places that sell replacement parts. I've no idea if
they have CPU fans, but that's easy enough to determine.

   Otherwise, a call to FreeGeek might turn up such a fan, and eBay's worth
checking for a unit that's being sold part-by-part.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"