[PLUG] nerd mode for installing Ubuntu 5.10?

Jon LeVitre jonlevitre at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 17:39:52 UTC 2005

I was thinking of installing Ubuntu 5.10 on my laptop (the live CD
worked OK, so I assume the drivers won't are all good).

I'll be using it for school and development, so I'll want a mix of
desktop and server aps (open office, eclipse, apache, databases, and a
dozen programming languages).

Can anybody tell me whether it'll be easier to install in desktop mode
and add apache and databases or install in server mode and add desktop
aps (and maybe disable a few services)?

I'm also trying to decide if there's any reason to install both Fedora
and Ubuntu (the disk is 18Gig).

Any advice or pointers would also be appreciated.

Jon