[PLUG] SugarCRM: The Saga Continues

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Dec 2 18:07:33 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I sent this directly to you because attachments are stripped by the mail
> list server. However, the rest of the message may make it onto the list.
>
>    "Not available;" see attached screenshot.

snif, snif, do I smell a permissions issue?

At some point you had to give Sugar an ID and password for accessing the MySQL
system.

If it didn't ask for the root access information, you would have needed to create
the account through MySQL.

Typically the instructions to do so follow the form:

(commands with prompts and feedback left out)

  mysqladmin -u root -p create DATABASENAME
  mysql -u root -p
  grant ALL on DATABASENAME.* to SugarID identified by 'secretive';

If all of that is totally unfamiliar in this context I suspect that the database
is not available because Sugar does not have any access rights to the database and
MySQL is refusing access.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity