[PLUG] Module Locations

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Dec 2 19:19:44 UTC 2005

My apologies if this is a duplicate.  The first attempts got deferred
because of a reverse DNS delegation issue for the SMTP server I _was_ using.

My question is where do you place custom/company/product modules used by
both a web site and non-web based processes?

Off the top of my head I see:

    a directory tree starting at ServerRoot,
    in the normal perl search path/tree ( site_perl, vendor_perl ),
    or in a custom location ( /home/foo/lib, /home/bar/lib ).

The issue is that several websites that offer similar products are
hosted on the same system and use very similar but different modules and
we'd like to keep them separated.  ( Yeah, modifications to the originals. )

Suggestions, readings?

TIA,
Rod