[PLUG] Securing Initial Accounts in MySQL

Kenneth G. Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Sat Dec 3 18:17:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 09:28 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:
>
> > Whenever I have a MySQL question I google "mysql tutorial".  On line the
> > mysql folks have a very good tutorial, that usually answers all my
> > questions. Poke around, MySQL is fun. But, I do have my own sense of humor.
>
> Ken,
>
>    I will go look for that tutorial. I'm annoyed that the SugarCRM folks will
> not support any back end other than MySQL. I've been using PostgreSQL for
> years and currently have SQL-Ledger and WebCollab running on it. Do I really
> want -- or need -- a second dbms? No.
>
>    According to one of the sales droids I met at the OSCON exhibit, they've
> heard the request many times to support postgres and other back ends, but
> management just shrugs and ignores our requests.
>
>    Does this attitude remind you of any other software vendor?
>
> Rich

Rich,

This attitude describes many small time developers who have their hands
full supporting the software they have----Not knowing the size of the
company, and just guessing at the reasons for their attitude.

I work with great egos all the time.  Most of them are good people with
good intentions, but often their opinions get in my way.  I am sure glad
I don't have a great ego or any opinions.  87)

Ken
CAD 2 CAM