[PLUG] Closing the Thread: SugarCRM

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Sat Dec 3 22:59:04 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   This is certainly a Windows-centric application. For example, if I
> want to
> add me as an employee, one of the fields is "IM Type". I figured out that
> stands for "Instant Messaging"; the choices are MSN, Yahoo!, and AOL.
> Feh!

If you're desperate enough to make this thing work, I believe both GAIM
and Kopete can communicate with all of the above Instant Messengers. The
one I'm not sure about is MSN; that may be a recent trick the open
source IM packages have learned. And there are other open source IM
routines -- GAIM and Kopete are the two biggies (Gnome and KDE,
respectively).

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com