[PLUG] Closing the Thread: SugarCRM

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sat Dec 3 23:03:04 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> >Just a sanity check, you are aware that the permissions and userID and
> >password system for MySQL has nothing to do with the userID and password
> >you use to access the computer. ??
>
>   Yes. I'm writing about the ability to access the SugarCRM application as a
> user (defined in /var/www/htdocs/sugarCRM-3.5.1a/config.php) rather than as
> the application's admin.

Rich, I was asking in light of this statement:

  So, I logged out and tried logging in as a mere mortal user. Not
  Good. Despite the setup being told my username and password, it won't
  take it. However, it will take the admin username and that password.

Is YOUR[1] username and password configured in the MySQL security system?
MySQL does not care what is stored in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.
If you can log in as admin and not as the "mere mortal" it indicates
that "mere mortal" isn not defined in the MySQL system.

[1] Where YOUR equals "a mere mortal user".

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity