[PLUG] Closing the Thread: SugarCRM

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 3 23:52:34 UTC 2005

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Is YOUR[1] username and password configured in the MySQL security system?
> MySQL does not care what is stored in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. If you
> can log in as admin and not as the "mere mortal" it indicates that "mere
> mortal" isn not defined in the MySQL system.

Mike,

   Allow me to try to clarify. The SugarCRM setup included me as a MySQL user,
but not as a SugarCRM user. To become annointed as the latter, I logged into
SCRM as 'admin' and added me as a user. That worked.

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"