[PLUG] Closing the Thread: SugarCRM

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Sun Dec 4 03:42:51 UTC 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
>   This is certainly a Windows-centric application. For example, if I
> want to add me as an employee, one of the fields is "IM Type". I figured out that
> stands for "Instant Messaging"; the choices are MSN, Yahoo!, and AOL. Feh!

Well, only one of those three (the big popular three, by the way) is
really associated with Microsoft.

I use all three (and a few others) here at home, in Linux, via gaim.
Gaim and Kopete both support those three protocols (and several others)
just fine.

I wouldn't call them Microsoft-centric.  They're protocols, that's all.
 AIM and YIM have official Linux clients, even (and have for years).

Rob