[PLUG] Comcast troubles

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 5 23:35:05 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard C Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> writes:

Richard> The connection has been stable all afternoon (so far), so I
Richard> thanked him for his efforts and said I'd give his
Richard> recommendation a try if I experienced further problems. Of
Richard> course, that would make it difficult for my wife to connect,
Richard> and I'd be without such firewall as my Netgear RT314
Richard> provides, so I wouldn't run that test for very long. Besides,
Richard> now that I think about it, there doesn't seem to be any
Richard> problem with the RT314 -- that is, I don't think it can cause
Richard> the cable modem to go through a connect sequence.

FWIW, my inlaws had a problem with their Comcast connection just
today.  One of the cable modem lights was out, I didn't see which one.
I suggested they power cycle.  They power cycled the cable modem (and
everything else except for one thing plugged into a different outlet)
and it didn't help.  Then they power cycled the other thing.  It
started working.  The other thing was a Linksys WRT54G acting as a
firewall.  The one light that was out was the PC-Link light.

seniorr at aracnet.com