[PLUG] Software You Need to Have

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Tue Dec 6 21:31:31 UTC 2005

Hone those problem solving skills:

 http://trouble-maker.sourceforge.net/

There are a lot of tools out there to make the system administrator's life easier.
However, no tool is a replacement for properly understanding the system and
experience in troubleshooting unknown situations. This is where trouble-maker
comes in. Unlike other projects, we do not attempt to solve problems -- we cause
them.

When installed and run, this project will randomly select a problem from its set
of issues and make it happen on your system. This can give you experience dealing
with:

    * Dealing with partially accurate user reporting of problems
    * Troubleshooting boot problems
    * Troubleshooting service configuration problems
    * Troubleshooting (simulated) hardware problems

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity