[PLUG] Lyx hijacked "Open with"

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 15:10:27 UTC 2005

Ubuntu-64 Breezy on Compaq laptop with Gnome

Some time ago I installed Lyx intending to see if it might be better
than waiting for Scribus to mature. Now every single file, from .txt
to .htm and even .pdf pops up in Lyx. Lyx then announces that it is
not a Lyx file.

Thbis is so annoying. I don't want to uninstall Lyx because I still
want to work on learning how to use it. I've looked everywhere but I
can't find any place to change file associations.

A related problem is how to select a file in Konqueror without
launching it. For some reason it is set to launch with a single click.
I can't find any place to change that to a single click for Select and
a double click for Launch. And for some reason, a right click in
most programs seems to be the same as a left click, instead of
bringing up a context menu, so that doesn't solve the problem
either. Having banned the evil Nautilus from my computer, I use
Konqueror for file management and this is making life difficult.

Anyone have any suggestions?