[PLUG] Lyx hijacked "Open with"

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 15:40:06 UTC 2005

# from John Jordan
# on Wednesday 07 December 2005 07:10 am:

>Now every single file, from .txt
>to .htm and even .pdf pops up in Lyx. Lyx then announces that it is
>not a Lyx file.

Bad package!  Bad!  Somewhere in Settings->Configure Konqueror->File
Associations, there is a mess of things registered to LyX.  The
simplest thing would be to click through there and clean them out.  The
better thing would be to figure out where in the ubuntu package the
file associations were defined and send a patch to the maintainer.

>A related problem is how to select a file in Konqueror without
>launching it. For some reason it is set to launch with a single click.

(hold ctrl to just select if you're in single-click mode)

Hmm.  When you first start kde, it asks you about 5 questions.  One of
these is about "style" and enables this plus about 20 other things.  I
never had to change it though.   Took some digging to find this.

Control Center -> Peripherals -> Mouse -> "General" tab  ("Icons"
section)

That's intuitive!

--Eric
--
Consumers want choice, consumers want openness.
--Rob Glaser