[PLUG] Mass E-Mailing of pictures

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Dec 8 23:02:27 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:45:55AM -0800, Piet van Weel wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> One of the people that I am working with wants me to E-Mail him lots of
> pictures! Unfortunately I don't want to take the time and man-handle all
> 111 of them. Anybody think of any snazzy way of scripting this out?
>
> All of them have the same recipient, the same subject line with the file
> name attached to the end, and all of them have the same body line.

Easy enough with mutt and bash:
  for file in picture*.jpg ;
  do mutt -a $file -s "This is $file" fred at here.com ;
  done

Optionally, you could use imagemagick or something to do some
processing on the image first, such as increase the compression or
reduce the size.  Pulling EXIF info out and putting it in the email is
left as an exercise for the reader.