[PLUG] Format?

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 01:20:56 UTC 2005

On 8 Dec 2005, at 17:02, Eric Wilhelm wrote:

> # from John Jordan
> # on Thursday 08 December 2005 04:52 pm:
>
> >> Make sure the drive is not mounted.
> >
> >I don't know how to do that, but read on ...
>
> Ouch!  Stop.  Make _sure_ the drive is not mounted.

OK, thanks to you and Alan. But I just got a notice that PDXLUG is
having their meeting tonight at the Fireside. I usually go to those
anyway. I'll just haul the stuff down there and surely someone can
teach me how to do this.

And yeah, I suspect 64-bit Ubuntu Breezy has an automounter. I
say that because when I plugged the thing in for the first time this
morning it was immediately available and I didn't have to do
anything to get Dump to write to it (except I had to su first).