[PLUG] tutor help

Jason R. Martin nsxfreddy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:13:51 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, mnathan at pdx.edu <mnathan at pdx.edu> wrote:
> i have a toshiba portege 7010ct.  i'm working with debian b/c having troubles
> with cd-rom so i'm using a net-install through a wireless connection.  The
> cd-rom is on a docking station that gives me irq errors when i try to run
> laptop undocked after install (i would really love to use DSL on this, so any
> help on installing would be great).  I can't get the usb floppy for DSL to work
> on my external cd-rom and of course the toshiba bios doesn't support usb boot
> even after a firmware upgrade.
>
> Well, that's the details of this project.

I have that exact model of laptop, with the DVD docking station, and
Debian installed.  Does your docking station include the floppy drive?
 There's also an external non-usb floppy drive for that model of
laptop that I might be convinced to share :-)  I have not tried
running it undocked since installing, since I have no use for the
machine undocked.

Jason