[PLUG] Postfix can't connect to transport relay...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Dec 11 04:58:45 UTC 2005

How do I get it to stop trying?

Anyone can ip filter your packets so that you can't reach their
smtp server even if they let you look it up.

I use masquerade_classes etc. to prevent problems with private
subdomains of my global address, but what about the random
server on the Internet that's either down or blocking me?  It's
also possible that I'm blocking access to a server out on the
Net locally using iptables.

Is there any way to control the defer and deferred queues in
postfix?  I want to disable the defer feature or at least
limit it.

Has anyone configured postfix to use a hosts file instead of
a local dns cache?

     --  Michael C. Robinson