[PLUG] Determining RAM Speed in Running Host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Dec 12 21:48:41 UTC 2005

   I've looked at /proc/meminfo but that does not tell me at what speed the
installed RAM is running. Is there a tool that will give me this information?

   The vendor of my replacement motherboard insists that the board will run
DDR400 RAM at that speed despite the manual noting (in three separate places)
that RAM of that speed is supported only by the KM400A chipset and not the
KM400 chipset. I understand that the board will decrease the RAM speed if it
cannot support the higher level, but I'd like to know whether or not this is
the case.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"