[PLUG] Realplayer

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 17:39:57 UTC 2005

A few months ago I installed Sarge, at that time a
testing release, and the wheel mouse function wouldn't
work, even when properly configured. Ultimately this
was such a nuisance that I decided on another
installation. I had a lot of trouble with Etch, so I
installed Sarge stable with the linux26 option.

I find that Realplayer doesn't work on the new
installation, even when installed exactly the same
way. I read the fine print and discovered that it
wasn't designed to work with ALSA, which is probably
what I now have. The slider moves across, but without
sound. (Totem doesn't play these files either,
although it is intended to.) Is there a version of
Realplayer that will work with ALSA?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/