[PLUG] DSL

Timothy J. Bruce timb at bruce4.com
Tue Dec 13 22:55:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, December 13, 2005 11:58, Eric Wilhelm said:
> # from Bruce Kilpatrick
> # on Tuesday 13 December 2005 11:44 am:
>
>>The Verizon web site doesn't say anything about Linux.
>
> Get an ISP that has heard of Linux?  (Anyone heard of one?)

I use SpeakEasy as my ISP (out of Seattle) over Verizon (in Beaverton) and
my Customer Service Rep had heard of it and assured me it would work.  I
found it was cheaper than Verizon (at least when I got it last year) and I
got two static IP addresses, even though I'm only using one.

There are customer service reps who've heard of it.  Unfortunately my
dealing with Verizon no one heard of it and one who had said it wouldn't
work......

Tim

--
Timothy J. Bruce