[PLUG] Torvalds on KDE vs. Gnome

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Wed Dec 14 02:57:16 UTC 2005

I don't like the "look and feel" of Gnome and personally prefer KDE, but
I think Linus is way off base condemning Gnome like that. *Large* parts
of KDE have sketchy documentation, or none at all, and there is also the
issue of the "dual licensing" of QT.

 From what I've seen, KDE is *significantly* more complex than Gnome,
and that's not necessarily a good thing. As a matter of fact, XFCE4 is
lighter than Gnome -- it's worth taking a look at IMHO.

Michael Rasmussen wrote:

>http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2005-December/msg00021.html
>
>Linus explicitly states his preference and what he recommends for others.
>
>--
>   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
>  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity
>        http://www.patch.com/words/