[PLUG] Re: UPS failure/replacement

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Dec 17 19:54:05 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

Russell> My APC SmartUPS 1000 (out of warranty) is failing.  With no
Russell> prior notice, it has failed twice in the last 24 hours,
Russell> possibly during a self-test.  Poof, no output power.  I
Russell> replug the input and everything is fine.  Is there anywhere
Russell> in town I can walk into today and get a 1000VA or 1500VA unit
Russell> for a reasonable price?

I suppose it is possible that the batteries are just dead, but why
wouldn't the damned thing tell me that the batteries had failed?

seniorr at aracnet.com