[PLUG] Re: UPS failure/replacement

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Dec 17 22:09:52 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Russell> I suppose it is possible that the batteries are just dead,
Russell> but why wouldn't the damned thing tell me that the batteries
Russell> had failed?

Rich>    It ain't _that_ smart. Try Northwest Battery Supply on SE
Rich> Belmont between SE 37th and 38th.

There is an LED on the device that is supposed to indicate "Replace
Batteries" or something.  It is supposed to do a self-test and report
on status.  Never lit.  That's what I'm talking about.  My reading of
the manual indicates it is _supposed_ to be that smart.

I don't want to buy new batteries if the whole thing is junk.

seniorr at aracnet.com