[PLUG] Nagios

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Dec 19 00:59:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 03:29:38PM -0800, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> Aaron Burt wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 09:40:20AM -0800, Mike Witt wrote:
> >> Is anybody here using the Nagios monitoring system? I'd like to
> >> compare notes on a couple of things with someone else using it.
> >
> > Used it at OSDL back in the day, where it served admirably in its
> > important role of waking up sysadmins at unreasonable hours.
>
> How large of an infrastructure were you monitoring with it?

Not that big, just the production hosts/services.  Including routers,
around 8 boxes, maybe 20 or 30 services total.

I'm actually monitoring more now at my current job.  Though I want to
set up another monitoring box so I can get notified if the main Nagios
box stops working.  Helps that we have some hosts offsite at a couple
colos.  Otherwise, I'd have to worry about my monitoring box being cut
off from being able to send text messages via email.