[PLUG] Startup Question (warning this question mentions Windoze)

fh hillsboro linux at frankhunt.com
Mon Dec 19 03:22:03 UTC 2005

Graphics card was the culprit.  Or at least the lack of a W2K driver for
the card.  Kind of an odd card - an AGP with an Intel accelerator.
Can't find out much on the internets about it - part number on the board
is 9804-20 with an FCC ID of ICUVGA-GW804B.  Whatever it is, Linux knows
about it and Windoze does not (at least back when W2K came out.

The system would come up until the point where it switches from
startup-mode graphics to "real" graphics that the window manager uses.
Then it would barf and start over.

Well, solved that one.  That makes me 1 out of 32767  :-)