[PLUG] LCD Monitor Resolution Question

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.ath.cx
Sat Dec 17 03:31:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 04:31:33PM -0800, AthlonRob wrote:

> I've found the LCDs at work scale down nicely either way.  They're
> 19" ... I don't recall the brand name, but can look it up for you on
> Wednesday after I'm back from vacation if you wish.  Their native
> resolution is 1280x1024 (or something similar?) but they scale down
> to 1024x768 without the blotchiness you see in older LCDs.

I have a 20" Dell LCD at work, and it scales down decently enough. It
shows none of the nasty jagged font edges, etc. that older and cheaper
flat panels are subject to. I'd take Keith's advice: go to your
favorite retail outlet and test out as many subjects as possible.
You'd be surprised at how much the quality can vary.

Paul