[PLUG] Re: UPS failure/replacement

David Rowe drowe at laika.com
Mon Dec 19 20:09:01 UTC 2005

That sounds sketchy to me. I'm a do-it-yourselfer at heart, but I would
not home-roll a UPS system. APC makes an excellent 750w for ~$150.00.
I'm not concerned at all that the battery is proprietary. If it's made
right, it will last a few years. At least now they make them so you can
replace them easily. Four years ago, you would have had to take apart
the APC in order to exchange the battery.

I would not recommend a do-it-yourself UPS unless you really hate your
hardware.

:DRowe
:System Administrator   :Laika, Inc.  :drowe at laika.com