[PLUG] OT: After effects of Accessibility Wizard in Win98

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 18:07:51 UTC 2005

(I've asked this question on a Windows Forum, but so far have had no
response. Knowing that some of you work with both tools, I'm hoping to
find a pointer to a solution. Feel free to respond off-list, since this
has nothing to do with Linux.)

Has anyone fiddled with the Win98SE Accessibility Wizard? As part of the
research into how to improve my mother-in-law's computer experience, I
tried some changes on my Win98 machine. When I finished, I pushed a
button to "restore defaults," or words to that effect. Now, on some
programs, the font used for menus is Times New Roman, instead of Arial,
and in others, the appearance of 12pt Arial, Bold, (not the font 0Arial
Bold), looks like it is no longer anti-aliased.

Since this is not limited to a single program, I'm assuming it's a
system setting, but have had no success finding some tool to change it.

What's odd is that the effect on menus is not universal. It happens in
Thunderbird, but not in Windows Explorer, or Word Perfect. Also, the
non-anti-aliased 12pt Arial, Bold is not universal. It looks fine in
Word Perfect, but not in another program I use.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/

Note Cards & Photographic Prints available at:
http://home.comcast.net/~rcsphoto/