[PLUG] just how broke?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Dec 23 06:06:08 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Randy" == Randy Stapilus <stapilus at ridenbaugh.com> writes:

Randy> Brought home a Debian machine from Free Geek a few weeks ago,
Randy> and it ran fine; [...]

Randy> I have briefly spotted, flashing by, a message indicating
Randy> damage to the BIOS - on some occasions, not on others. The BIOS
Randy> is accessible as usual, though, and *looks* normal. I've made
Randy> adjustments in it (boot order mainly) which seem to stick. But
Randy> I'm not sure if that means anything.

Randy> I also have seen at the beginning of a boot, "primary hard disk
Randy> drive failure," though the BIOS seems to read the hard drive OK
Randy> and the install goes on at least partway.

Have you tried asking FreeGeek?  Don't they do 30 days of tech support
for their boxes?  Can you post the exact messages?

seniorr at aracnet.com