[PLUG] Manipulating Bit Masks in Python

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 28 14:29:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Brian Harring wrote:

> I might be missing something obvious here, but the standard c bit op's
> are available in python; ^, &, |, >>, <<, etc.

Brian,

   This I know.

> Has to operate on ints in python, but any reason that wouldn't suffice? A
> quick timeit test shows ops from above to be ~.27 uS for my semp. 2600,
> which is pretty quick python wise...

   I posted the message before completing all my research. I know that I get
two bytes from the machine, so those can be declared as ints.

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"