[PLUG] high MX versus greylisting

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:13:56 UTC 2005

Very cool profiling of that behaviour!  If the response is entirely
RFC compliant, and doesn't break valid (but non-RFC...) MTA's that's a
great frontline defence before any Bayesian filtering even has to take
place!

Aside from the points you mentioned, the most important thing I can
think of would be the addition of some software loadbalancing-esque
feature.  If the real and faux MX are on the same box, having
per-minute (or realtime) polling of the status of the "real" MX would
be necessary in the event that it actually fails, so your backup can
actually receive.  IMO.

Cheers on the good work, please update when/if you have time to
integrate that further.

/eli