[PLUG] Mailman "Unsubscribe or edit options"

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Dec 29 17:12:34 UTC 2005

Most of us use Mailman for mailing lists, everyone here has used
it.  The number one question I am asked by non-computer-people
on the lists I manage is "how do I get at my control page" or some
variation of that.

Even though the text above the "Unsubscribe or edit options" is
reasonably descriptive, the button label itself conveys the wrong
impression to many.  I am thinking of renaming it for my lists to
something more natural, or creating extra buttons (that all go to
the same user edit page).  Any good user interface designers with
better ideas?

Keith