[PLUG] wireless network oscillating in connectivity

ted kubaska tkubaska at ieee.org
Fri Dec 30 21:09:12 UTC 2005

Sometimes I sit in the library, using the free wireless Internet it
provides. Every so often (every hour or so; yes, I sometimes spend the
day there) I lose the connection and then it just comes back on its own.
This happens to everyone. When it happens, I've cruised around and
checked with other laptop users.

I checked with one of the librarians. She said, just be patient it'll
come back. She's right. But does anyone know why it happens?

I asked if they did it on purpose -- the wired stations they provide say
that connections are limited to an hour so that everyone gets a chance.
So I asked it they threw everyone off the wireless for some reason. She
said no, they didn't do that, just be patient, it'll come back. And it
always does, in a few minutes.

Does anyone know why this happens? The library I sit in is the
Tanasbourne one.

 -Ted