[PLUG] Red Hat ? How to find a file on a CDROM

Norm Coder norm.coder at gemstone.com
Tue Feb 1 17:37:12 UTC 2005

I have been asked to install a couple program from the Red Hat WS3 CDROM.
When I ran a find -name 'tcl-devel*' on each CD and came up with nothing.
Then I realized the files I was looking for must be embedded in an .rpm
file. My first question is where would I find the following files? Is there
a way to search for them on the CD other than what I did? I also know I
should be able to install these programs using System Settings, Add/Remove
Applications. In case that didn't work I wanted to know the other way using
the rpm -ivh command.

tcl-devel-8.3.5-92.2

tk-devel-8.3.5-92.2

python-2.2.3-6