[PLUG] Bit-Torrent

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Feb 2 20:41:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 12:12 -0800, David Sigafoos wrote:
> Does anybody here have a good experience with bit-torrent?

Yeah, I do.

> I can NEVER get good transfer rates using it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Limit your upload rates if you're on DSL.  Or shape your traffic if
you're so inclined - on DSL, if you upload full blast, your download
(and latency) will suffer greatly.

> I have found over time that a lot of it has to do with the client.  The best
> client I have found is BitComet.  I am using under windows and don't know if
> there is a linux version.

I just use btdownloadcurses.py, myself.  :-)

--
Rob                    |  If not safe,
  http://rob.axpr.net  |    one can never be free.