[PLUG] Bit-Torrent

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Feb 3 20:01:24 UTC 2005

AthlonRob wrote:

>Limit your upload rates if you're on DSL.  Or shape your traffic if
>you're so inclined - on DSL, if you upload full blast, your download
>(and latency) will suffer greatly.

OK, I'm confused.

As I understand it, DSL uses different frequency ranges for upload and
download, and they shouldn't interfere with each other. So in theory,
upload speed and download speed should not impact each other.

It's not like a modem that has to transmit and receive over the same
voice spectrum. It's more like transmitting on channel 14 and receiving
on channel 15 on your CB. Of course, the other end is transmitting on
channel 15 and receiving on channel 14.

What am I missing?

Russ