[PLUG] VisualBasic to Linux

Ovid publiustemp-plug at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 16:01:56 UTC 2005

--- "Michael H. Collins" <mike at linuxlink.com> wrote:
> WTF  why?
>
> freaks

I assume that's a joke.  On the off chance that it's not:

> > This is one of those super-specialized applications... one of those
> > applications that keeps certain people and businesses from moving
> over
> > to Linux out of Windows.  (I think we've all seen those before)

There are plenty of niche applications that tie people to Windows for
their productivity.  Just because Linux people are not familiar with
the more esoteric Windows applications does not mean they don't exist.
Rewriting a huge application for Linux is frequently not an option that
can be justified financially for the 3 extra customers that can be
brought in.  Thus, porting becomes an option.

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
If this message is a response to a question on a mailing list, please send
follow up questions to the list.

Web Programming with Perl -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/