[PLUG] The solution to World Domination

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Feb 8 00:28:23 UTC 2005

After a particularly "interesting" session with a user I have determined
the solution to "World Domination".  All personal computer and Internet
users will have to be licensed.  This will require that they take a test
of minimal computer use competency.
   It would consist of questions like:

      What is the difference between a right and left click of the
mouse?  Left-handers that have reconfigured their mouse get extra credit.
( Heck they should pass. )

      Where is the start button?

      Which socket in the modem does the wall "line" plug into? ( plus
three points if they can find their modem -- minus 10 points for selecting
the Ethernet socket )

      Where/what is the desktop?

      What are all those funny little pictures on the desktop called?

So we knock out ( in a fit of kindness ) 75% of the computer users.  Then
20% ( or whatever is left over ) convert to Linux, MAC, BSD, or other UNIX
when Microsoft goes out of business.

World Domination!

I'm sure this has been proposed before but it is a pretty harmless way to
vent on a Monday!

Thanks for allowing me to spread these bits and bytes.  You've been a
wonderful audience.

Rod